The story of a family business where
tradition and innovation go hand in hand.

Moving forward without relinquishing the heritage of the past. Quality is nowadays reflected not only in work that has been done, but also in the innovative character of the solutions proposed to our customers.

Take a look at our history
1957
Founding of the HARSCH company

Harsch is a family business founded in 1957 in Geneva, named after its founders Irène and Henri Harsch. Right from the beginning, the company specialized in packing and shipping fine arts and antiquities all over the world.

1973
Bertrand Harsch joins the company

In 1973, Bertrand Harsch, the son of the founders and an engineer with a degree from the EPFZ, joined the company and quickly became the President.

He managed the company for more than 40 years, actively promoting its development both internationally in the moving business, and also in Switzerland where subsidiaries were opened in Basel and Zurich.

1989
Inauguration of the container depot in Gland

In 1989, a container depot was built in Gland to meet the strong demand for storing furniture.

This depot was expanded in 2004, thus doubling the storage capacity.

1995
FIDI Trophy award “Mover of the Year”

IN 1995, Harsch won the FIDI international organisation’s “Mover of the year” prize, in recognition of the high quality service provided to customers and agents.

Harsch has always attached considerable importance to obtaining recognised certifications. It holds several in numerous different areas, including in particular ISO 9001 and 14001.

1998
Records Management department

In 1998, Harsch set up a department for records management to meet the needs of companies wishing to outsource their archives.

It was possible to set up this service due to the highly secure storage space already available to the company.

2004
Relocation department

In 2004, Harsch set up a relocation department to meet the needs of international companies based in Switzerland.

This new service builds on the international moving service, providing help for expatriates and their families on their arrival in Switzerland.

2010
Expansion of the existing Carouge premises

Harsch opened in Carouge in 1971, establishing its headquarters and administrative offices there.

In 1999 and then again in 2010, Harsch undertook expansions of its premises, each time doubling the available storage capacity.

2015
Takeover of Schneider International in Laufenburg (AG)

In 2015, Harsch took over Schneider International’s business activities. This company was focused on international moving, with a strong logistics base ideally situated between Basel and Zurich.

This acquisition allowed Harsch to double its capacity and thus reinforce its presence in the German part of Switzerland.

2015
Bertrand Harsch passes the company to his daughter Isabelle Harsch

Isabelle joined the family business in 2011, after completing her master’s degree in law. She worked with her father for almost 5 years, before taking over the company leadership in 2015.

Isabelle Harsch represents the third generation running the family business. She intends to further develop the company while continuing to uphold its family values.

2016
Takeover of Transdem in Lausanne (VD)

In 2016, Harsch took over Transdem to establish a long-term presence in the Lausanne area.

For more than 30 years Transdem was focused on moving and on the transportation of works of art in Lausanne. It enjoys an excellent reputation in the area thanks to its founders, the Jaccoud family.

 
We connect you to the rest of the world
173 countries covered
h
 
220
containers
60
years of experience
5
subsidiaries in Switzerland
20'000
M² surface area
Our tips Contact us ! Our PDF brochures